Wednesday 4 June 2008

FO: Shopping bags

I think I mentioned last time that I've been on a bit of a sewing bee lately. I made some bags - like this:



I made three, but sent one off to help celebrate a friend's birthday before it got a chance to do any modelling. Another bag has since been sent (and arrived) in the States to assist with the carrying of small items belonging to the recently arrived baby Chloe (congratulations to mum and dad, Suzanne & David! Chloe also received one of the baby beanies from the stash). One bag remains, waiting for a use or a home to beckon.

I would have made more, but I ran out of webbing for the handles. There are more cut out waiting to be sewn. The fabric came from local charity shops, picked up for a song. You cant see (sack the photographer) but the bags are lined with a matching plain green fabric. I didnt follow any pattern in particular, just copied the dimensions of a well used cotton bag from the drawer and made it up as I went along.

No comments: